With the blessing of Baba Manjh Ji a girls school was started in the Village Kang Mai in the premises of Gaddi Gurudwara Baba Majh Sahib Ji in 1921 by the Late Mata Basant Kaur Ji, the great grandmother of Mahant Varinder Singh Ji – the then 12th heir of Gaddi Baba Manjh Ji. The same school was handed over to the Punjab Government in 1958 and that school is now working as Govt. Secondary School, Kang Mai.
This Baba Manjh Convent Senior Secondary School has been established as a co-educational English medium School under the aegis of Mahant Varinder Singh Sidhu Ji. The whole of Sidhu Family has an educational as well as martial background. Late Major Tarlochan Singh (Father of Mahant Varinder Singh Sidhu) and Late Capt. Rajeshwar Singh Sidhu (Brother) served in Indian Army. He laid his life for the sake of nation on duty on 21st Feb., 1981. Grandfather Late S. Shivsaran Singh Sidhu, B.A. (Hons.), B.T., L.L.B. worked as a headmaster of Khalsa High School and also the founder principal of J.B.T. school, Purhiran Hoshiarpur from 1927 to 1945. In 1945 he was elected as M.L.A (Tanda). During that period he worked as president of S.G.P.C. (Hoshiarpur Unit). Now this institution is at Ajowal and is known as DIET.
This present Baba Manjh Convent School primarily started in the Gurudwara Sahib Ji, Kang Mai on 01/04/1994. The foundation stone of the school building was laid down by Bibi Surjit Kaur Kalkat the then Cabinet Minister (Technical & Industrial Training Punjab) on 22/12/1995. The school got CBSE affiliation in 2003 for secondary & in 2006 for Senior Secondary classes. This school intends to provide golden opportunities to the children to gain high values of life through education, moral science, discipline & sports.